Saturday, June 23, 2007

Wishing Her Well


I have read a number of blogs and comments lately, that have been highly critical of Belinda Stronach for not being in the HoC much since she announced that she was leaving politics.
Here is why.
I'm not going to link to any of the sites that were foolish enough to assume that they knew why she wasn't in the House. Their assumptions and pettiness deserve no publicity.
Perhaps this story will be a reminder that there is a difference between expressing an opinion on something and stating that view as fact, with nothing to support it.
I wish her a speedy recovery.
Update - There is a bit more to her story here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Full and speedy and permanant recovery is what I wish for her.

For all those partisan trolls - the only exercise some people get is jumping to conclusions - conclusions that hurt unnecessarily other people. How do they sleep at night.

Sandi

Anonymous said...

First and foremost I want to say that I hope all the best for Belinda, my boys mother (we have not been together for 8years) had a very hard and tough battle with breast cancer (she was part of a trial group using herseptin, for the type of breast cancer that she had) I am very glad that my boys still have a mother (I've always thought it is very important that children always have both parents very active in their lives)....just curious though KNB, would you be saying the same thing if someone,like, Myron Thompson, was going thru some kind of cancer, would you add to your comment of not letting the door hitting him as he left? Just curious?

How about "great" canada does not need people like him!!

Just to let you know KNB...my typing and "grammer" skills are not the best, so don't judge me on that.

Karen said...

Anon @1:59, of course I would wish Thompson a speedy recovery, just as I wish Chuck Strahl well.

If I made those comments, I take responsibility for them. They are hardly the vile remarks I was referring to having read about Belinda though.

Disagreeing with people because of the policy they espouse is quite a long way from being personally insulting, using language that I'm sure they do not use in everyday life and stating without any substance, why she hasn't been in the HoC.

As for your grammar and typing, I'm not aware that I judge people on such things. I'm the queen of typo's.

For what it is worth, I am glad that your boys have their Mom around too. My mother also had breast cancer.