Monday, December 24, 2007

They Won't be Home For Christmas

While I am not in favour of how NATO has structured this mission, I do have considerable admiration for our forces.

I wish them all well this Christmas and can only imagine how difficult it must be to be so far away.

As well, their families come to mind. Christmas can be a stressful time for many of us, but imagine trying to celebrate while worrying about the well being of a loved one. Imagine being in Canada, the spouse of soldier in Afghanistan, trying to create a lovely Christmas for your children, without Mom or Dad.

For a sense of who some of them are, go here.

I wish them all well and a very Merry Christmas.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute...according to these guys, if you don't support the mission, then you don't support the troops. Hater.

FredM said...

They are killing taliban troops. How could anybody not support that?

Karen said...

LOL anon. I find the argument both tedious and illogical.

Karen said...

fredm, I've made my position clear on numerous occasions.

They are killing taliban troops. How could anybody not support that?

If that is the extent to which you view this mission, then it would follow that we will be there forever and you would be fine with that.

Assuming you are a Harper supporter, my wish for all of you in the new year is that you are introduced to the concept of complexity or at the very least, the colour grey.

FredM said...

"If that is the extent to which you view this mission, then it would follow that we will be there forever and you would be fine with that."


So like I said as long as they are killing taliban troops "forever" who would be opposed to that, they are doing their job arent they? You know we can argue all day and night or we can save the arguements if the liberals quit tip-toeing around the fact that liberals are against the army in combat roles. I dont think Trudeau spent all that money just so his army could become a bunch of wussy peace keepers.

FredM said...

"Assuming you are a Harper supporter, my wish for all of you in the new year is that you are introduced to the concept of complexity or at the very least, the colour grey".

I understand your point here but i think its a bit pre-mature to go there, if you had a better leader( i'm not bashing i just think there are better choices) i might be worried.